Sunday, August 23, 2009

An interesting start to my adventure...

So the first recipe I decided to try was Spinage-Pan-Pie. I am planning on using this as a side at the ball next month. This dish was very interesting but needs a lot of work still. I didn't have a recipe going into this so I had to guess how much to use of each ingredient. I now have a better idea of how much of everything to use. The dish mixes spinach with white wine, lemon zest, cinnamon, sugar, and ground almonds. It is then topped with layers of phyllo dough that have been brushed with butter and sugar.

The directions are as follows:

* Wash spinach thoroughly to remove any dirt. Then blanch in white wine until tender.

<span class=

* Drain out all liquid and mix in remaining ingredients. Distribute into baking dishes.

<span class=

* Lay out sheets of phyllo dough one by one and brush with butter then sprinkle with sugar.

<span class=

* Cut out phyllo dough to fit your dish size then lay on top and brush with butter and sugar. Bake at 350 until dark golden brown.

<span class=

I will post the recipe once i develop it to near perfection. I also made some very yummy and easy roasted veggies as my dinner.

<span class=


* I tossed the veggies with olive oil, salt, pepper, cumin, cayenne, and a dash of nutmeg then threw them on the george foreman.

<span class=

Here is the finished dish.... can I just say YUM!

<span class=

1 comment: